Does "Email Marketing" form a part of your company’s Marketing Strategy?
- Marketing hinges on effective communication between a company and customer – prospective customers included.
- Email is by far the most preferred method for commercial communication by consumers. Professionals would prefer communicating by email rather than direct mail, phone, or other personal methods.
- As the trend of smartphones increases so do the personalization capabilities. This includes connecting to ones email accounts and accessing them via mobile devices.
Email Marketing enjoy a wide reach; gives you a better return on investment; improves brand awareness and customer relations; is measurable; and can be customised.
Take a look at the advantages…
- Email Marketing is easy and simple. Anyone can do it; anytime.
- Done professionally, emails can be personalised. You can greet and target every person individually.
- Emails support green initiatives as it is paperless and eliminate the cost for printed materials.
- Professionally done, Email Marketing is easy to track. You can track bounce messages, un-subscribers, click-troughs, etc. and can be used to measure open rates, positive or negative responses, and correlate sales with marketing.
- “Opt in” and “UN-Subscribe” options helps in keeping your mailing list clean. People can give you their email address and also unsubscribe at their discretion.
- Unlike other direct mailing activity, Emails have a faster response.
- Email Marketing knows no boundaries and has a global reach. No matter where you are or when you need to reach people, targeted emails can reach their targets.
- Email Marketing allows you to target a specific audience based on geography, age, income, or whatever suits your needs.
- Finally email marketing can be made interactive. You can initiate campaigns using videos, graphics, music, quizzes, a game, or anything that will get your targeted client drawn in.
Though Email Marketing is great, there are some “NEVERs” to it.
Spam is an electronic junk mail or junk newsgroup postings. Some people define spam as any unsolicited email or those emails that have not been opted for.
Never spam people! It’s the quickest way to have users unsubscribe from your emails as well as get on the spam blacklist.
Never send the same email to your entire email list.
It would never really benefit you.
People like to be treated different, making them feel special. Group your customers and segment your email audience. Targeted emails result in higher “click through” rates because you are sending contents that are more relevant to them.
Never be inconsistent.
Consistency matters. People recognise your brand, your colour scheme etc.
Always make sure that your emails are consistent. This is easily accomplished by making sure your marketing emails have a similar colour scheme, include your company logo, a similar layout, and consistent language, while utilizing analogous fonts/typography.
As long as you carry over a similar style and design from your website into your email, consumers will know exactly which company sent the email. Build a better brand creditability and brand awareness.
Never use “CC” or “BCC” for Email Marketing
Using “CC” or “BCC” to push large mail groups and lists would end up in chocking the mail server. This would make the email server slow and even get your IP blocked. You would find difficulty in sending and receiving your normal mails.
Never do your Email Marketing campaign using “cc” or “bcc”.
Email Marketing is the most widely used marketing strategy today. In order to effectively compete within an industry, email marketing is a necessity. If done correctly, email marketing can greatly benefit a company’s image, message, and promotional campaign.